AXA Singapore is rallying the public to show their support for those battling cancer with the “AXA Blue Elephant Parade Event”! On top of the worthy cause, the charity event seeks to make history by setting the record for the “Largest Number of Origami Elephants Folded”.
From 15 to 21 August 2016 (Monday to Sunday), members of the public can support the AXA Blue Elephant Parade at NEX mall main atrium (Level 1). Here are the event mechanics:
- For every $1 donation from the public, they will receive 1 piece of blue origami paper, which with on-ground instructors, they will fold into an origami elephant.
- AXA Singapore will match dollar to dollar of donations with every $1 donated by the public.
- All these proceeds will be donated to the Singapore Cancer Society.
- AXA targets to fold 5,000 origami elephants by the end of the event. With this target, the origami elephants will be entered into the Singapore Book of Records for the “Most Number of Origami Elephants Folded”.
These fund-raising proceeds to Singapore Cancer Society will go a long way in providing daily essential services for cancer patients.
How AXA Blue Elephant Parade Event’s Proceeds Benefit Singapore Cancer Society
To put this into perspective, the target amount of $10,000* will provide:
- 500 cancer patients, with 3 days of free transportation to and from the hospital for chemotherapy or radiotherapy
- 200 colorectal cancer survivors with 2 weeks of ostomy bags (to be replaced every 2 to 3 days)
- 100 cancer patients with 1 month’s supply of adult diapers
- 50 patients receiving hospice care with one month’s supply of milk
*$10,000 is derived from ($1 x 5,000 origami elephants) + ($5,000 from AXA Singapore matching the donation dollar-to-dollar)
AXA Ups Notch from Signature Activation with a Kinetic Dispenser to “Fold” Elephant Origami
Following the success of its previous outdoor activation in October to November last year, AXA Singapore is bringing back its signature dispenser with a meaningful twist at the same NEX mall event. Making the installation even more user-friendly and interactive, the Kinect-enabled dispenser - inspired by “Para dance”, allows users to play and “fold” an origami elephant with a few swipes. Users can then pen a message to their loved ones with the origami elephant. Meaning and fun – two in one!
Win Exciting Prizes When You Load a Wefie
To stand a chance,
- Submit the “wefie” with the elephant origami on the giveaway post on AXA Singapore’s Facebook page
- With a comment along with the “wefie”
The top 10 entries will then be uploaded into a Facebook album for fans to vote for their favourite submission. Winner will get to select a prize from a list of 5 attractive goodies such as a $500 Scoot Voucher and a $380 Amara Sanctuary Resort Sentosa Staycation. The contest runs from 15 to 21 Aug.
For more information on the AXA Blue Elephant Parade, please visit https://www.facebook.com/AXASingapore
About AXA in Singapore
With presence as early as 1969, AXA operates in both entities of Life Insurance and General Insurance in Singapore. AXA offers a wide range of products, catering to the needs of individuals and companies.
AXA Insurance is the No. 2 general insurer in Singapore. It ranks No. 2 in Health, Marine Cargo and Motor insurance in the Singapore general insurance market.
About AXA Asia
AXA Asia is a market leading insurance player offering a differentiated composite proposition in Life and General Insurance with operational presence in Hong Kong, Singapore, Indonesia, China, India, Malaysia, the Philippines, and Thailand. AXA Asia is part of the AXA Group, headquartered in Paris and a worldwide leader in insurance and asset management with a presence in 59 countries. AXA Asia is committed to creating a sustainable, long-term business for our employees, customers and shareholders.
ABOUT THE AXA GROUP
The AXA Group is a worldwide leader in insurance and asset management, with 166,000 employees serving 103 million clients in 59 countries. In 2015, IFRS revenues amounted to Euro 99.0 billion and IFRS underlying earnings to Euro 5.6 billion. AXA had Euro 1,363 billion assets under management as of December 31, 2015.
The AXA ordinary share is listed on compartment A of Euronext Paris under the ticker symbol CS (ISN FR 0000120628 – Bloomberg: CS FP – Reuters: AXAF.PA). AXA’s American Depository Share is also quoted on the OTC QX platform under the ticker symbol AXAHY.
The AXA Group is included in the main international SRI indexes, such as Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI) and FTSE4GOOD.
It is a founding member of the UN Environment Programme’s Finance Initiative (UNEP FI) Principles for Sustainable Insurance and a signatory of the UN Principles for Responsible Investment.