AXA Insurance today announced the launch of its new online travel insurance product, Wanderlust, that offers customers the flexibility to customise their coverage according to their needs and budget. It is designed to appeal to customers who want to have the option to enhance their coverage depending on their travel destination and activities planned. The product is the first travel insurance in Singapore to offer additional coverage for trip cancellation or curtailment due to natural disaster.
“AXA understands that customers today have increasingly diverse travel needs and require more than a one-size-fits-all travel insurance plan. With Wanderlust, we are catering to the varied needs of our customers, by offering more coverage options so they can choose and only pay for the protection they need, ” said Leo Costes, Managing Director, Retail and Chief Customer Officer, AXA Insurance.
“We also know the realities of travel, that it can be often unpredictable and stressful, which is why we want to allay potential worries of our customers in simple but important ways such as by offering a travel delay benefit which is claimable for any reason, as long as it’s not due to the fault of the insured, and by providing a cover to purchase essential items in the event their baggage is stolen while on an overseas trip.”
Wanderlust comprises 3 types of plans that can be customised with add-on benefits:
- Lite: Designed for travellers who want an affordable plan that provides core benefits. It covers the essentials such as overseas hospitalisation expenses, overseas hospitalisation allowance, accidental death & permanent disablement, emergency medical evacuation and repatriation and travel inconveniences (e.g. natural disaster, trip cancellation, trip postponement, travel delay).
- Easy: Designed for travellers who are looking for more than basic coverage. It offers higher coverage and additional benefits (not included in the basic plan) such as reimbursement for purchase of essential items in the event of stolen baggage as well as fraudulent use of lost credit card.
- Pro: Designed for travellers who want comprehensive protection for greater peace of mind. It provides high coverage as well as additional protection against travel inconveniences including travel diversion, overbooked flight and travel misconnection, and other benefits such as cover for adventurous activities.
- Key add-on benefits (available for all plans):
- Adventure cover (included in the Pro plan): Covers injuries sustained whilst participating in adventurous activities, such as bungee jumping, sky diving, snow sports or hiking up to 3,500 metres above sea, for leisure purpose during a trip.
- Overseas wedding photo shoot: Pays for the non-refundable pre-paid expenses or any administrative expenses in the event of cancellation or postponement of an overseas wedding photo shoot for unavoidable reasons.
#AXAWanderlust: Celebrating travel experiences and inspiring new adventures
In line with the product launch, AXA has also introduced a social media campaign, #AXAWanderlust, to inspire people to travel or check off dream destinations on their bucket list. From now until 7 April 2019, AXA is inviting Singaporeans to create a video of their ideal wanderlust adventure without leaving the comfort of Singapore. The participant with the most creative entry will win a pair of round-trip tickets (worth up to $10,000) to the destination they have featured in their video. Find out more here.
To purchase an AXA Wanderlust insurance plan, please visit: https://www.axa.com.sg/travel-insurance/buy/
ABOUT AXA INSURANCE
AXA Insurance is part of the AXA group, a worldwide leader in insurance and asset management, and the world’s leading insurance brand for the tenth consecutive year, with 160,000 employees serving 105 million clients in 62 countries. Present in Singapore since 1969, AXA Insurance has been serving the general and life insurance needs of individuals and companies in Singapore through a wide range of innovative products. As one of the top global insurers in Singapore, AXA Insurance protects more than a third of a million customers in Singapore. As a company whose business is about protecting people, AXA Insurance is committed to building a stronger and safer society by empowering customers to live better lives.
For more information, please visit www.axa.com.sg.
FOR MEDIA ENQUIRIES:
HP: +65 8661 2952
HP: +65 8779 1373