Home > About AXA > AXA in Asia

AXA in Asia Pacific

AXA has over 170 years of experience in Asia. The 1st known policy signed in Asia was issued in the Philippines by the Union Insurance Society of Canton in 1839. The Hong Kong-based Union was formed in Canton, China in 1835. Union was acquired by British Insurer Guardian Royal Exchange (GRE) in the 1960s. The AXA Group bought GRE, making Union its wholly owned subsidiary in 1999.

AXA Asia operates in Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand, Hong Kong, China, India and the Philippines. We also have a representative office in Vietnam. We offer a wide range of life and savings and general insurance products for our individual customers and corporate clients.

AXA University - Centre of Excellence

AXA is committed to attract, retain and engage the best people in the industry. In April 2009, we took a big step with the opening of the AXA University Asia Pacific Campus in Singapore. It serves as a Centre of Excellence in learning for employees and agents across Japan and Asia-Pacific. It is also a solid step in building a common AXA culture here. This Campus is a proof of our commitment to the region.

The Campus offers technical, organisational, leadership and cultural programs. The curriculum also looks at strengthening AXA employees’ and agents’ capabilities and skills in areas like risk management, compliance, underwriting, claims management and financial advice and planning.

Since its opening, the Campus has hosted many courses for AXA employees from all parts of Asia. Besides the courses offered by the AXA Group, the Campus also works closely with the entities and leading business schools to tailor-make training courses for their specific needs. Some of the business schools that the Campus has partnered with includes Wharton, IMD, INSEAD, London Business School and Melbourne Business School.

Once a boarding school for the children of British soldiers, the Campus is a 1920’s Heritage Building, named 'Kinloss House' and owned by the Singapore Government. It occupies the entire 2400 sqm building, set on 19,000 sqm of land. The building has been recently renovated to fit AXA's purposes, whilst respecting its historical character. It offers modern training and conference facilities to host over 3,500 days of business training per year, for AXA employees and partners from the Japan Asia-Pacific region and beyond.

1800 880 4888 (Within Singapore)
(+65) 6880 4888 (International)